I always love finding new places, checking out fun events, and treating the kids (or just myself) to something special. This month, I compiled a list of 15 things for kids and families to see, eat and do in Orange County. So, que onda en Octubre?
Here are some things you may interest you and your family:
1. Craving a yummy frozen treat, well don’t miss the $5 unlimited cup at Yogurtland!
- Date: October 17
- Time: 4-7pm
- Location: The Market Place, 13260 Jamboree Rd, Irvine, CA 92602.
2. Time for the niños favorite pumpkin patch at the Irvine Park Railroad.
- Dates: September 17 – October 31, 2016
- Times: 10am-5pm Weekdays, 10am-6-pm Weekends
- Cost: Free (Prices for other activities vary)
- Location: Irvine Park Railroad, 1 Irvine Park Road, Orange
3. Orange County’s favorite past time zone, Discovery Cube Orange County, has two new exhibits kicking off this month: Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Secrets of the Sewer and Spooky Science (only during the month of October). Dress up and explore the spooky gooey science exhibit “Wizard of Ooze.”
- Time: 10am-5pm
- Adults $17.95
- Kids $12.95
- Seniors $14.95
- Members Free
- Location: Discovery Cube, 2500 N. Main Street, Santa Ana, CA 92705
4. If you love stuffed animals like my kids do, then head on to Build-A-Bear Workshop and visit their Haunted Workshop with three new spooky fun furry friends to choose from for your collection. Visit http://www.buildabear.com to find a location near you.
5. Visit your local Michaels for fun crafting events for the kids. Upcoming classes include:
- Kids Club® – Clothespin Bat, Saturday, October 8, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, $2 per project, supplies included.
- Fun Family Craft Time – Halloween T-Shirt, Saturday, October 8, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. buy t-shirt, rest of supplies are free.
- Kids Club® – Sugar Skull Mask, Saturday, October 15, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, $2 per project, supplies included
- Kids Club® – Yarn Ghosts, Saturday, October 22, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, $2 per project, supplies included
6. If you are a coffee-holic, then you don’t want to miss 7-Eleven’s Free Coffee Week. Visit a 7-Eleven® store to celebrate with Any Size Hot Coffee or Hot Chocolate for FREE every day through 10/9. Don’t forget, you’ll even earn a star each time you scan the app. Come in and get your fill! For more info check out 7-eleven.com.
7. Vintage and handmade lovers should check out the So Cal Etsy Guild. Visit this three day event to meet Southern California handmade artisan vendors, local designers and artists. See live art, eat some delicious food, join giveaways and much more!
- Dates: October 7-9
- Times: Friday and Saturday: 11am-7pm, Sunday 11 am to 7 pm
- Location: Mainplace Mall, 2800 N Main St, Santa Ana, CA 92705
8. Car lovers! Check out the Orange County Auto Show!
- Dates: October 6-9
- Thursday 4pm-10pm
- Friday 12pm-10pm
- Saturday 9am-10pm
- Sunday 9am-7pm
- Kids Under 12: Free
- Adults: $12
- Seniors over 62: $10
- Military: $10
- Location: Anaheim Convention Center, 800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802
- Parking: Free offsite parking with shuttle at Angel Stadium (all show days)
9. Want some theatre fun? Then check out these local performances:
- “Villains and Vixens”
- Dates: Every Saturday and Sunday from October 15 until October 30
- Time: 8pm
- Location: Mysterium Theater, 311 S. Euclid Avenue, La Habra, CA 90631
- Cost: $15/$25
- “Sweeney Todd”
- Date: Through October 23, 2016
- $26 General Admission
- $18 Children (12 years and under)
- $23 Seniors over 60
- Location: The GEM Theater, 12852 Main St., Garden Grove, CA 92840
- For more information, visit http://onemoreproductions.com/
10. For the science lover within you, catch Science on Tap. A series of casual and moderate discussions featuring experts who explore the intersection for science and culture. This month’s upcoming topic is “I’m Not Just Wearing this for My Health: Wearable Tech” with Bruce Romberg. Ph.D.
- Date: October 4, 2016
- Time: 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Location: Provisions Market, 143 N. Glassell St., Orange, CA 92866
- For more info, check out https://events.chapman.edu/26339
11. Need a date night or a night out on the town? Then check out Rock & Brew’s Monster Beer Fest! This one day event will feature over 100 different beers. Have a great time with live music, games, unlimited beer tastings and a costume contest.
- Date: October 22, 2016
- Time: 1pm-5pm
- General admission: $45
- VIP admission: $65
- Location: Rock & Brews, 7777 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, CA 90620
12. Join the opening weekend activities for the New Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum. Bring the kids for a tour in history!
- Date: October 14, 2016
- Opening ceremony: 11 am
- Museum is open to the public: 12 pm-9 pm
- Elvis Presley tribute: 6 pm
- Cost: Admission is free all day
- Location: 18001 Yorba Linda Blvd., Yorba Linda, CA 92886
- Parking: Parking is free at Yorba Linda Friends Church, Tommy Lasorda Field House and the Yorba Linda Community Center. Shuttle services will be provided to and from the Library all day.
13. Love shopping and saving 20% at your favorite boutiques? Well don’t miss Angelito’s card week at South Coast Plaza. This year is South Coast Plaza and Angelitos de Oro’s 15th year anniversary partnering up each year to raise funds for the charity.
- Dates: October 6-12
- Cost: $60
14. Time for some German fun! Don’t miss Oktoberfest 2016 39th annual celebration. Come and check out some German beer, brats, babes and bands! Check out their website for special themed events this month and a chance to win free prizes!
- Dates: Now through October 30, 2016
- Cost: Varies, visit the Oktoberfest website for more information
- Location: Old World Village, 7561 Center Ave., Huntington Beach, CA 92647
15. Visit your local Chuck E Cheese for Chucktober. When you stop in to show off your kid’s Halloween costume they’ll get 50 free tickets. Visit Chuck E. every Saturday and Sunday during the Airhead Candy Splash and they’ll score a sweet treat! And finally, enter the #Chucktober Sweepstakes for a chance to win one of ten Chuck E. Cheese’s prize packs (ARV $115.00 each). Each prize pack includes four (4) $25 e-gift cards plus approximately $15.00 worth of other family friendly swag.
Do you have a favorite event that you’ll be attending this month? Leave it in the comments below!