Valentine’s Day is coming up soon and you can bet that reservations will soon be filled at the hottest spots in Southern California to spend this love-filled day. This Valentine’s Day Dining Guide for Southern California lists dining options for Valentine’s Day dinners in Orange County and Los Angeles. Dining guide includes tips and notes on special menu options as well as phone numbers so you can pick up the phone and make a reservation.
FIG & OLIVE
401 Newport Center Dr., Suite 151
8490 Melrose Place
Cost: Three-course Valentine’s Day prix-fixe menu: $75 per person (tax and gratuity are not included); $35 wine pairing
Additional add-on: Chef’s Selection Crostini (add 13)
Truffe, artichoke, parmesanDuck Conft, green apple, cornichon, pearl onionJamón Ibérico, smoked tomato concasse
* Diver Scallops & Octopus Risotto with fennel, shaved bottarga
* Rack of Lamb with roasted caulifower purée, forest mushroomssauce vierge
* Mosaic of Vegetables with eggplant, roasted caulifower, vegetable fritters, harissa & cilantro
This Valentine’s Day, FIG & OLIVE will set the mood for a special evening just for lovers – food lovers, that is, featuring a three-course prix-fixe dinner. Please note that the regular dinner menu will not be offered this evening. Click to see the full Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe menu.
CATAL Restaurant & UVA Bar
1580 Disneyland Drive
Cost: Three-course Valentine’s Day prix-fixe menu: $85 per person, $27 per child. Sales tax and gratuity not included. Call today to make your reservation! 714-774-4442
Catal is celebrating Valentine’s Day on February 14th from 5 p.m. – close. The Valentine’s Day menu at Catal includes entrees such as:
* Mediterranean Sea Bass with sautéed spinach, black garlic puree, coriander tomato vinaigrette and sea bean salad
* Filet Mignon with roasted fingerling potatoes, red wine sauce and cipollini onion marmalade
* Braised Beef Short Ribs with mascarpone honey polenta, roasted mushrooms and bordelaise bone marrow sauce
* Rack of Lambwith couscous salad, carrots, cumin, tatziki sauce, harissa and cilantro slaw
* Maine Lobster Pappardelle Plugra butter lobster nage and tarragon pesto
VEGETARIAN OPTION AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Leatherby’s Café Rouge
615 Town Center Drive
Cost: Valentine’s Day Special plus A La Carte Menu
Leatherby’s Café Rouge is celebrating Valentine’s Day on February 14th from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Valentine’s Day Special – one dozen oysters served with a bottle of Patina Cuvee | 55
Kendall’s Brasserie & Bar
135 N Grand Ave
Cost: Prix-Fixe Menu: Three-Course $66; Four-Course $78
Kendall’s Brasserie & Bar is celebrating Valentine’s Day on February 14th from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. The Valentine’s Day menu at Kendall’s Brasserie & Bar includes entrees such as:
* Beef Duo – prime flat iron, beef short rib daube, roasted root vegetable
* Loup de Mer – potato fennel puree, Niçoise olives capers vinaigrette
* Duck Breast – crushed yams, roasted Brussels sprouts, orange bigarade
* Lamb Shank Tagine – olives, lemon confit, vegetable couscous, mint
1418 Descanso Dr
818 864 6435
Cost: Prix-Fixe Menu: Five-Course $85; Six-Course $100 | Add Three-Glass Wine Pairing +$25, or Pairing With Each Course +$45
Maple Restaurant is celebrating Valentine’s Day on February 14th from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The Valentine’s Day menu at Maple Restaurant includes entrees such as:
* Beef & Onion – pinion-crusted aged filet of beef, caramelized onion purée, sweet onion purée, charred onion puffed beef tendon, onion cups, jus
* Halibut & Mushrooms – pan-roasted wild Alaskan halibut, red wine-braised wild mushrooms, truffled risotto, mushroom dashi
* Lobster & Bisque – house-made lobster ravioli, fine herbs, shellfish bisque, Parmesan spume
The Beachcomber at Crystal Cove
15 Crystal Cove
Newport Coast, CA 92657
Cost: $110 per person 4-course prix fixe menu. Excludes tax and gratuity
The prix-fixe menu is available on February 14th. Entrees include:
* Surf & Turf with filet mignon, colossal shrimp, potato purée, English peas & Hen of Woods mushrooms and a Port wine reduction
* Maine Diver Scallops with bacon wrapped scallops, roasted asparagus & baby carrots Sambuca butter sauce, grilled ciabatta and bloom blonde frisée salad
* Braised Lamb Osso Bucco with goat cheese polenta tamale, peperonata, balsamic gastric
* Pan Roasted Jidori Chicken with cauliflower gratin, crispy applewood bacon and rosemary au jus
* Verde Risotto with English peas, organic Spinach, broccolini, asparagus and parmesan Cheese
Located at Bowers Museum
2002 N Main St.
Cost: Prix-Fixe Menu: Three-Course with Chef’s special Amuse Bouche $75
Tangata Restaurant is celebrating Valentine’s Day on February 14th from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. The Valentine’s Day menu at Tangata Restaurant includes entrees such as:
* ORCINI-RUBBED FILET MIGNON with Confit Yukon potato puree, pancetta-wrapped asparagus, red wine sauce
* WHITE SOY CHILEAN SEA BASS with Forbidden fried rice, lacinato kale, honshimeji mushrooms, lemongrass
* SWEET CORN AGNOLOTTI with Purple haze carrots, caramelized salsify, parsnip mousse, hazelnut butter
The Fifth OC
Grand Legacy at the Park
1650 S. Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92802
Treat your sweetie to a Valentine’s Dinner at The FIFTH on February 14th from 5pm-9pm. Lite Bite Menu will be available after 9pm.
* Valentine’s Day Dinner | $65: 3-course meal with complimentary glass of champagne.
* Love Story Package | $350: 3-course meal (for 2ppl). This package also includes private, fireside couch seating, a bottle of champagne, 1/2 dozen gourmet chocolate covered strawberries and cozy blankets to keep.
* Sweetheart Package | $500: 3-course meal (up to 4ppl). This package also includes private, fireside couch seating, 2 bottles of champagne, 1 dozen gourmet chocolate covered strawberries, complimentary parking (up to 2 vehicles) and cozy blankets to keep.
The Green Parrot Villa
2035 N Main Street
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Cost: $34.95 per person, presale | $39.95 per person, at the door
Book your Reservation at an Enchanted Venue for Valentine’s Day! Announcing their Valentines Buffet Dinner and Mariachi Show! The Green Parrot Villa is celebrating Valentine’s Day on February 13th and 14th from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.